Friday, May 25, 2012

Lolo Jones and Tim Tebow: Match made in heaven?

 

U. S. Olympics track and field star Lolo Jones said she is looking for a special bond, and cleared up her status on Twitter in March. According to the Sporting News, she wrote, "Yes I'm a virgin. #1 reason why I'm single bc guys deuce out when I won't put out. I do so to honor God & future husband." Jones will compete in the women's 100-meter hurdles. She called herself a “professional shoplifter” by the time she was in sixth grade. She said she took frozen dinners for her family, and she lived in the basement of a Salvation Army for a time, according to USA Today. HBO's "Real Sports" with Bryant Gumbel reported that the 29-year-old said she has tried dating services and Twitter to find a prospective boyfriend. She said it’s been difficult maintaining her virginity until marriage. Jones said, according to the Los Angeles Times, "If there are virgins out there, I'm going to let them know, it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life — harder than training for the Olympics and graduating from college.” "I've had guys tell me, ‘If you have sex, it will help you run faster,'" she added. Jones runs fast enough. She was leading the100-meter hurdles at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but tripped on the next-to-last hurdle and finished seventh. Meanwhile, a guy with similar morals to Jones named Tim Tebow has recently heard some chants of “Lo-lo!” from his teammates. Jones gave her thoughts on the matchup with Tebow on Twitter, according to an Associated Press report in the Chicago Sun-Times: “Ask Tebow if he wants a glass of milk. If he says yes, ask him if he prefers chocolate. If he says no, then no more Tebow date suggestions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment